A UI extension is a web app inside Hygraph. UI extensions allow you to replace default components in the content editor with custom solutions.
Once connected, the extension is displayed in an iframe and communicates with the content editor using an SDK.
With UI extensions, you can:
- Use any language and framework to build it (eventually, as the current SDK version is for React).
- Host it on your own domain.
- Build flows requiring server-side treatment, like authenticating with another 3rd party platform.
- Quickstart building Field Extensions
- Quickstart building Sidebar Extensions