Connect your Hygraph project to BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a SaaS provider for merchants running online businesses. The company's platform includes online store creation, search engine optimization, hosting, and marketing and security for small to enterprise sized businesses.
What you can do with the Hygraph-BigCommerce integrationAnchor
With this app you can continue to use BigCommerce as your preferred headless commerce solution for products and eCommerce assets. By installing the BigCommerce app, you can bring your BigCommerce products into Hygraph projects with the rest of your content.
Prerequisites to use this integrationAnchor
- You must have a Hygraph account. If you don't have one, you can create one here.
- You must have a Hygraph project.
- You must have a BigCommerce account. If you don't have one yet, you can visit their website and contact their team.
- You must have your BigCommerce API Keys authenticated.
Apps are environment specific. This means their configuration is applied per environment. Take this into consideration if you're working with a project using more than one environment.
Install the BigCommerce appAnchor
Click here to install the BigCommerce App on Hygraph, then follow these steps:
- In the dropdown, select which project you want to install the app in, then click on the
Add Appbutton. You should be redirected to the Configure BigCommerce section of your Hygraph project dashboard.
- Fill in the
Storefront IDand the
API Token. Click here for more information on BigCommerce GraphQL Tokens.
- Click on the
Savebutton. A pop-up notification in the lower right corner of the screen will indicate that the changes have been saved.
Add the BigCommerce product field to your modelAnchor
- Navigate to the Schema builder.
- Select the model that you would like to add the BigCommerce Product field to.
- Select the BigCommerce Product field from the Add fields right sidebar.
- Complete the
Display namefield, and the
API IDwill be auto-filled by the system. Optionally, you can also add a
Description. This screen allows you to control different properties of your BigCommerce Product field: you can allow multiple values, or you can localize the field, by selecting the checkboxes under the
Field optionssection of the screen.
- Click on the
Use BigCommerce in your Hygraph projectAnchor
- Navigate to the Content editor.
- Select the default that you configured the BigCommerce Product field for.
- Click on the
+ Create entrybutton or, alternatively, edit an existing entry.
- Locate the BigCommerce product section of the screen and click on
Select product from BigCommerce. As a result, a new screen will display, showing the products available in your BigCommerce store.
- Use the checkboxes next to the pictures to select the product you wish to add to the entry, then click on the
Add selected productbutton.
- Now that the product has been added to the entry, you can click on
Save & Publish, as needed.
- Click here to access BigCommerce's documentation.