Connect your Hygraph project to Bynder
Bynder is digital asset management platform that helps you conquer the chaos of growing content, touchpoints, and relationships.
#What you can do with the Hygraph-Bynder integration
With this app you can continue to use Bynder as your preferred DAM solution for images, videos, and other digital assets. By installing the Bynder app, you can bring your Bynder assets into Hygraph projects with the rest of your content.
#Prerequisites to use this integration
- You must have a Hygraph account. If you don't have one, you can create one here.
- You must have a Hygraph project with at least one model.
- You must have a Bynder account. If you don't have one yet, you can contact the team about it.
- You must have a Bynder domain. Here is some information on how to get one.
Apps are environment specific. This means their configuration is applied per environment. Take this into consideration if you're working with a project using more than one environment.
#Install the Bynder app
Click here to install the Bynder App on Hygraph, then follow these steps:
- In the dropdown, select which project you want to install the app in, then click on the
Add Appbutton. You should be redirected to the Configure Bynder section of your Hygraph project dashboard.
- Fill in the
Bynder domainand use the checkboxes to select the allowed asset types.
- Click on the
Savebutton. A pop-up notification in the lower right corner of the screen will indicate that the changes have been saved.
Allowed asset types are selected in the initial configuration, but can be edited later by navigating to Apps > Bynder card edit button, in your Hygraph project.
#Add the Bynder asset picker to your model
- Navigate to the Schema builder.
- Select the model that you would like to add the Bynder asset picker field to, and click on it.
- Select the Bynder asset picker field from the Add fields right sidebar.
- Complete the
Display namefield, and the
API IDwill be auto-filled by the system. Optionally, you can also add a
Description. This screen allows you to control different properties of your Bynder asset picker field: you can allow multiple values, or you can localize the field, by selecting the checkboxes under the
Field optionssection of the screen.
- Click on the
#Use Bynder in your Hygraph project
- Navigate to the Content editor.
- Select the view that you configured the Bynder asset picker field for.
- Click on the
+ Add entrybutton or, alternatively, edit an existing entry.
- Locate the Bynder asset section of the screen and click on
Select asset from Bynder. As a result, a new screen will display, showing the assets available in your Bynder domain. Only the asset types selected during the configuration process will display here.
- Select the asset you wish to add to the entry, then click on the
- Now that the asset has been added to the entry, you can click on
Save & Publish, as needed.