Connect your Hygraph project to Crowdin
Crowdin is a cloud-based localization software for teams and businesses. You can automate the translation of all your content, and manage source copy and translations from design to production with this tool. Crowdin has 2M+ user accounts and hosts hundreds of localization projects.
It has two products:
- crowdin.com for teams and personal use with all the essential features for continuous localization included.
- Crowdin Enterprise for organizations that require high customization and enterprise-level security features.
#What you can do with the Hygraph-Crowdin integration
With this app, you can streamline the localization process of your content, directly from within Hygraph. It will help you manage all of your multilingual content effectively, keeping your workflow agile.
#Prerequisites to use this integration
- You must have a Hygraph account. If you don't have one, you can create one here.
- You must have a Hygraph project with at least one model.
- You must have a Crowdin account. If you don't have one yet, you can get one here.
- You must have created a project in your Crowdin account, and an API key.
The way to access the information you need from your Crowdin account in order to configure this integration depends on whether you have a Crowdin.com or a Crowdin Enterprise account:
Apps are environment specific. This means their configuration is applied per environment. Take this into consideration if you're working with a project using more than one environment.
#Install the Crowdin App
Click here to install the Crowdin App on Hygraph, then follow these steps:
- In the dropdown, select which project you want to install the app in, then click on the
Add Appbutton. You should be redirected to the Configure Crowdin section of your Hygraph project dashboard.
- Fill in the
API Keyand the
Project ID, you can leave the
Crowdin Enterprise Organization Namefield blank.
- Click on the
Savebutton. A pop-up notification in the lower right corner of the screen will indicate that the changes have been saved.
#Sync your content
Once the app is installed, you must log into your Crowdin account to set up the integration on their end to sync the content. Crowdin offers a detailed step-by-step guide on how to do this but, essentially, you will follow these steps:
Go to the Crowdin marketplace and find the Hygraph connector under
Applications. You can use this link.
If you haven't set up a project yet, go to your Crowdin workspace and create one. If you already have a project, please skip this step.
In your Crowdin project, navigate to the integrations section, look for the Hygraph integration, and click on it.
Add your credentials to enable Crowdin to connect to your Hygraph instance, then click on
Login with Hygraph. You will find these credentials in your Hygraph project by navigating to Project settings.
Crowdin Hygraph Project ID Project Settings > General > Project Environment URL Project Settings > API Access > Endpoints > Content API Permanent Auth Token Project Settings > API Access > Permanent Auth Tokens
Permanent Auth Token
You will need to create a Permanent Auth Token for this integration. To do this, go to your Hygraph project, navigate to Project Settings > API Access > Permanent Auth Tokens, and click on
Scroll down to the Content API section and add all permissions, except
Then, scroll down to the Management API section and click on the
No, I'll configure my own permissionsbutton, then click on
Edit permissionsand select the following:
- Can see schema view.
- Update published entries.
- Read locales.
- Update locales.
- Read public content views.
- Update existing non-published entries.
- Create locales.
- Read existing environments.
- Read stages.
- Read existing models.
Easily find these Management API permissions using Cmd/Ctrl + F.
After adding your Hygraph credentials in Crowdin, click on
Settings- located on the upper right corner of the Crowdin-Hygraph integration panel - and use the dropdown to select the language to be mapped in Hygraph. Then, scroll down to Entries display settings, and select how the models will be displayed using the dropdowns. Finalize this process by clicking on
Select the files to be synced to Crowdin from the Hygraph panel using the checkboxes, and finally click on the
Sync to Crowdinbutton.
As a result of this integration, your content in Hygraph will be synced with your Crowdin project. The content in Hygraph will then be displayed in Crowdin to be translated and, as translations advance, you will see this reflected in the content entry's progress bar, under the Crowdin title.
#Add the Crowdin sidebar widget to your model
- Navigate to the Schema builder.
- Select the model that you would like to add the Crowdin widget to and click on it, then select the
- Select the Crowdin widget from the Widgets right sidebar.
Descriptionfields will already be complete, but you can optionally edit them.
- Click on the
#Crowdin in your Hygraph content entry
- Navigate to the Content editor.
- Select the view that you configured the Crowdin widget for.
- Create an entry or edit an existing one. You will find the Crowdin progress bar on the sidebar of your entry. The progress bar displays different colors for how much of your content translations have been finalized, and how much of the work is still in progress.
The placement of the Crowdin widget in the sidebar depends on the order within the model that you gave it in the Schema builder. Click here for more information.